Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Calling it quits, for now...

I've basically come to terms with the fact that I need to stop the drops for a bit. I haven't lost any weight since Sunday (been 224.3 Tuesday and Wednesday) and I've been extra hungry lately. With both factors at play, I think I'm ready to wean myself off of the drops, taper, and start the stabilization phase. I should be in the 223's tomorrow and that keeps me at a 17 lb weight loss while on the drops over a 29 day period. And you know what? I'm really happy with that. It's far better than I could have done on my own since I eat very healthy to begin with and I've never experienced that big drop during the first week because I don't have the water weight on me to lose.

With today being SUCH a beautiful day in Seattle, it's really got me itching to start running and get headed toward my goal for my 30th birthday. I feel confident that I've got a grip on what I need to do again and I'm damn near close to 40 lbs down from my peak weight several years ago. It's taken far longer than I expected to lose weight, but that's life. And it's still to be determined why it is so difficult for me to lose weight as well.

Anyway, I'm at peace with my decision. Today will be my last day on the drops and by this weekend I'll be able to eat like a normal person again. Honestly, I can't wait to have some soy lemon yogurt and eggs and turkey bacon. And toast with peanut butter and jelly... mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment