Thursday, March 24, 2011

Some extra thoughts

So, I was going to give it a second chance today if my weight indeed dropped down to the 223's or lower. I thought it might because before I went to bed I was 224.6 and most nights I will drop at least two pounds by the morning.

What did I weigh this morning?

224.2

I ate two apples and a latte yesterday. And I pooped. When I got home around 3 pm, I had weighed myself and it was like 225.7 with a shirt on, so I was like... this is cool. Didn't drink or eat anything the rest of the day, and that's when I had that 224.6 before bed.

Between that frustration and this horrible itchy elbow thing I've had for the last week, I really am at peace with stopping this round. I'm pretty sure the elbows are a rash as I had forgotten to bring my drops with me to work yesterday. They had itched really bad in the morning and it eventually tapered off. I didn't get my second dose until probably 4 pm, and after I took it, my elbows got super itchy again. My skin looks like crap from not being able to use the face and body products I usually use. And my pants are falling off. Even my tight pants. Which aren't tight anymore.

I'm suppose to stick to 500 calories today and two more days after, but I'm not sure if that will happen. I had a latte again this morning since I had decided that I'm stopping the HCG, and I had an apple. I've been tempted to walk next door to get a sandwich, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow and get a veggie sub somewhere. I'm still really interested to see how full I get after a month of eating hardly anything. I do feel my confidence has gone up. Maybe it's because my underwear is baggy (luckily Victoria's Secret has a panty sale starting tomorrow!!). Or maybe it's because I know I lost over 15 pounds in a month and my clothes fit the way they're suppose to, or looser. It was definitely an experience, and an experience I would be willing to try again if my marathon training doesn't give me a side-effect of losing weight too. (It should, when I first started running and prepping for a 5k a few years ago, my legs got sexy sculpted and I was losing weight at a decent pace.) But the thing I like most about running is that it's a time to be by myself and reflect on things. 26 miles is a lot of reflecting, though. I look at some of the maps of previous marathons that were held in Seattle and when I look at it that way I'm like... oh crap. I'm pretty sure I'll end up signing up for one down in Arizona during the winter months... probably March. Dry air makes running easier, regardless what the temps are. I was able to run out in Idaho in 80+ degrees because of the constant Palouse breeze and 15% humidity. But I really want to do the marathon before I'm 30. It's something that I can say "less than 1% of the population has ever completed a marathon, and I'm one of them." All I want to do is finish. I don't care what time I come in with... finishing is the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment