Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 6 Completed

Weighed myself this morning, and I was only down a half pound from yesterday. My weight was 232.1; which I can't really complain about, can I? Sure, it's only 4 lbs (exactly) from my starting weight, but if you include the 4 lb gain over the weekend from the gorge sessions, then it's 8 pounds. But whatever. It's going down, that's all I should care about. Measurements didn't go as expected. Or as I hoped. Or something. I'm clearly not measuring around the same areas as almost all the measurements went up except for my chest, which went down about half an inch.

I did have half a cookie yesterday, half of the half I did spit out after mulling it around in my mouth for awhile. I wonder how much that had to play with only dropping a half pound today. I also had a late dinner because yesterday was the first time that I wasn't actually hungry at normal dinner time. So 8:30 suddenly shows up and I'm like, crap!! I need to eat!! So I had some more poached chicken and some fresh grape tomatoes. I probably shouldn't have eaten. But, can't do anything about that now, can I? I nibbled on some apple chips as they came out of the oven for today's breakfast, too. So I might have had a little extra fruit, but I can't imagine that really having any play in the game.

Today I feel great. Yesterday was a bit burdensome with the headache I still had and ended up taking a dose of Excedrin. That helped get rid of it, and I suspect the vitamins also helped out.

Oh, I should go back and talk more about the measurements. While what I measured did not reflect much of a change, my stomach roll doesn't stick out nearly as much as it use to. I'm measuring the folds in the rolls, not the rolls themselves, just for the sake of trying to measure in a consistent spot. It's awesome to finally see my boobs sticking out further than my belly again. And it has made wearing shirts the last two or three days wonderful because they're not as tight as they were not too long ago.

Today I'm trying out the six-dose program rather than the three-dose like I've been doing. Just to see if it help metabolize more or at least keep hunger at bay if it decides to say hello before I'm ready to eat. However, if I nearly forgot a meal last night, I might be okay with the three doses and I don't have to remember to take 2cc's every 2.5 hours.

And now the weekend is before me. I'm meeting up with a friend tomorrow in a shopping area, and I know she's going to want to eat out for lunch. I just have to decide what the hell I'm going to do to stay on track. I think I'll have to eat before I head out and tell her I'm just not hungry or something. It'll be hard. It'll be very, very hard. But I feel really great today. My body's gotten use to functioning on 500 calories of food and using the fat for the remaining energy I need. My taste buds are getting more sensitive so I can use less seasoning and enjoy food a bit better. I really appreciate how long the program is (minimum 26 days) which should enforce a habit to the people on it to eat healthy and whole foods and not think about food as pleasure, but as fuel. We'll see if it has a lasting effect on me, eh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment